Friday, June 25, 2010

"See, I Said So"

I was sensing this since morning.....

The first thing that came to my mind when I heard EGOM has finally given a go ahead for deregulation of petrol (and modest increase in Diesel and LPG prices) was “See, I said so”. Market's morning call gave a slight hint of what could be expected from EGOM. While some expected no headway on deregulation by EGOM at all, opening in the green by almost all oil marketing companies this morning was enough to indicate some activity. Shhh, I’m not saying people in the know were trading (but what I mean is not too different from what I’m not saying). Positives cues from people in the know propelled the stock in the morning and I had a Déjà vu feeling on partial deregulation. What has happened is not too bad; politics is a difficult business and ‘Man’ and team have treaded the tight rope carefully. With diesel being kept out to keep inflationary expectations under control, there’s a strong case now for duty on diesel guzzlers. Hitting four sixes in an over is not as good as hitting six sixes; but its no less feat either. Well done ‘Man’, this was long overdue.




No comments: